Saturday, October 30, 2010

Front Deck Decisions

I think I'm going to move forward with the deck stain on the front doorstep and just get it installed. The delay stemmed from what sort of stain to use in light of what color we're going to paint the house. Since we still are not sure what color to use, though we're leaning to red, I was hesitant to move forward, but I realize this could go on forever. Who knows when we'll decide.

In the meantime, I'd like to get something over the front before Winter really sets in, though I might be too late. What I need to do is get that deck board down, then put in the trim and then finish with clapboards. I have most of the materials, I just need to do it. This could be the weekend I begin, but we'll see.

I'm going with a water based waterproofing agent for the front step. I'll cut the wood to size, stain it, then nail it in. Once the step is in, I can tackle the trim and then the clapboards. I won't be able to paint them this year, especially since we don't even know what color to paint the house, but they're primed and should survive the Winter... I hope.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: