Monday, October 18, 2010

Meeting With the Plumber

I dealt with another issue that I'd been putting off because, quite simply, I had no clue what to do. We had been wrestling with the whole septic system drama, and part of the problem was deciding where to exit the house. That issue combined with where to put the tank inspired me to ignore the problem for as long as possible.

Now that we may have resolved the situation, we still need to determine where the septic connects to the house. In other words, we have to make a decision. Yikes!

The original plan was to contact BS and have him come and map out the bathroom, thereby determining where the septic stuff will flow. As I may have indicated, BS is nearly impossible to get in touch with, which actually worked in my favor because it gave me an excuse to put things off. When someone asked me about the progress on the barn, I could just say, "I'm waiting to hear from BS." Funny that his initials are BS.

I finally decided to contact our plumber, B (not sure of his last name) and ask him his advice, which is what I should have done in the first place. He came over and within minutes told me what to do. Wow, what was I missing here?

Armed with this information, I need to relay it to the excavator, and hopefully we can get this thing done before Winter. We'll see.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Stephen Davies for the pic.

met with B, was a fruitful meeting
will indicate where the holes will be

No comments: