Saturday, October 16, 2010

More Septic Issues

Just when we thought it was safe to jump for joy over this septic system, we hit another snag. The excavator, Dan Clay Excavating, contacted the who engineer, who said that moving the tank was okay, as long as certain numbers were maintained. In order to do this, certain steps were going to have to be taken, which meant more materials. Factor in an increase in the cost of materials, and the news is not-so-great.

In other words, it was going to cost more. I think it's reasonable that price would go up, but nobody really cares what I think.

The price, however, was still reasonable, mainly because the original price was pretty low. I spoke with my Mentor and his opinion, which I value, the price was still a good one and that it didn't seem unreasonable.

Good enough for my Mentor, good enough for me. Convincing other people who are involved in the decision-making process, however, is another story. My personal feeling is that we can put this off and shop around for a better price until the end of time, but at some point you just have to take the plunge and just do it. Often times, shopping around for a better price not only delays things, but you don't always save money in the end. Then again, that's easy for me to say, I'm just an observer.

More on this later. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to nikolas araya for the pic.

No comments: