I was talking to R about the septic, and after ruminating over it for a bit, we both decided that we should move forward with this. It has been two years since the previous quote, so it is perfectly reasonable that the cost of materials would go up. Also, we changed the plan, so it will require more materials, thus more costs. Finally, they are going to do some of the work that I thought I was going to have to do, and now that I don't have to do it, that will save us money, as well, not to mention anguish.
In the end, we both agreed that we weren't happy about the price increase, but felt like it wasn't horrible, and we really want this project to move forward. Plus, it got approval from my Mentor, so that's a bonus.
On that note, I contacted the plumber, B, and he came out and we talked about locations for septic tank pipes. He indicated where the holes should be, and I will relay this info to the excavators. B said he thought it wouldn't be too bad, and it should go smoothly, which of course means that it will be fraught with problems, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. He did say, however, that we could work during the Winter, so that's a bonus.
In the meantime, I'm excited to say that we've got the green light to move forward on this. Thank goodness for that. Progress is a beautiful thing.
Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Betu Zelles for the pic.