Friday, October 15, 2010

More Lawncare

Got a stroke of good luck with the lawn, though it took some industry and effort on the part of yours truly. Then again, we won't see the fruits of these labors until next year. BTW, do you like our massive leaf pile?

I was planning on seeding the lawn after it was fertilized, but seeding requires watering, and we don't have a sprinkler system. We have to rely on Mother Nature.

I had laid some seeds down before a day that was supposed to be rainy, but no such luck. The seeds just sort of sat there as I watched the birds feed on them. Then, I saw there was going to be a serious rain storm coming, the same one that forced the cancellation of the FM, so I went to work.

I mowed the grass short, really short, to the point of gaining greater access to the soil. I then seeded the front, side and back, and then went back and used up the seeds on all sides, just for good measure.

The next day, it literally rained cats and dogs for about 36 hours straight. Just what the grass doctor ordered. Hopefully it'll help come Spring, but whatever happens, the lawn is still green, so I won't fret over it too much. Besides, it's one less thing for me to worry about, I've got enough on my plate for now.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: