Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Progress on the Siding

I am on the cusp of ordering the siding for the barn, but a couple of things are holding me back. In addition to the enormous cost of buying all that wood, I first have to figure out how much I'll need. I'm guessing around 2000 linear feet, which is a heck of a lot of wood. I have to revisit my high school math and start calculating square feet and areas of triangles. Do I need the pythagorean theorem?

I was also thinking that I should wait until the excavators are done with the septic system, because a pile of wood that big might get in the way, especially when you have 10 tons of equipment. I'm thinking within the week I'll order it, however, and then there's no turning back.

Also on the siding front (or side?), I'm leaning towards using a different stain. Benjamin Moore makes a transparent latex stain that is supposed to be top notch. I like that it's not oil, easier to clean and discard. We'll see about this one. I have to make a decision, and that is never a pretty sight to behold.

Until then, thanks for reading.

ordering siding, a lot of money, scares me
need to measure the barn and then figure out how many linear feet are needed

No comments: