Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On A Bright Note

Things aren't all bad. The excavator, who has this massive machine, moved the logs from behind the barn and placed them in front, and it was a piece of cake. That excavator moved the logs like they were pencils. Now the trees are in a location where the mill guys can access them, so we may be able to finally mill them.

This is good, because I may need special rough cut boards to finish the bathroom. We may need to elevate the bathroom about 12 inches in order to get enough pitch for the waste to flow properly to the septic tank. I was told by DC the excavator that the way to do it is with 2X12 boards. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to see that his project gets realized, because every step of the process seems to open up a new can of worms, and I'm not fan of eating worms.

Also, we can hopefully get the maple milled into thick boards for counter tops, but at this point, I'm not sure if we'll ever get in touch with those mill guys. Maybe they're sending me a message? There is always the portable mill, but again, I'm not sure if it's worth it to have them come over to mill two trees. I've been told it's not, but I've also learned that you can't make big decisions on someone's opinion, you have to find out for yourself.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: