Sunday, November 7, 2010

Close to Attending to Front Step

I've been given a sign that I should get on this darn front step, and it comes in the form of nice weather. Actually, the weather has been lousy, but warmer. This means I can stain or paint in the great outdoors.

With this in mind, I'm hoping to get to that front step this week. I just got the waterproofing stain. It's the blue jug, a silicone based product that is oil-free from Cabot. I hope it works, because I'm going to use it on our picnic table (if it's safe) as well. The other can is our oil-free external siding stain, which I hope will replace the oil based weathering stain. Are we eco-conscious, or what?

Anyway, all I need to do (as if it were so simple) is cut the board to size and screw it in. Best of all, this is something A&N can help me with because they like to staple in the shims. A family affair.

I won't say too much because overly-committing myself to anything only leads to trouble.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I still haven't glued in the blueboard? Yikes, Winter is here.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: