I noticed that when we installed the front door in its new location, it did not seem to create a perfect seal to block out drafts. There was a small gap between the frame and door, and was not a big issue but will become one in the Winter. The goal here is to seal that gap. I also noticed that the door in the mudroom doesn't match up perfectly either, so it could be a limitation of the construction.
My first inclination was to just put weather stripping in the space and close it up, but my brother in law, PR, said the right was was to remove the current stripping and re-install it closer to the door. This sounds simple enough, but closer inspection to the door told me that it wasn't so simple.
Truth be told, I'm not quite sure how it should be done, and I sit there and scratch my head as to how to remove that thing and move it. For the record, I tried the weather stripping and it didn't really work, which really bummed me out.
I think in the process of man-handling that door, we may have tweaked the frame or door a bit and now they don't match up that well. Bummer. I'm still thinking of solutions, but am confident that I'll figure something out, and hopefully before the temperature drops below zero degrees.
Until then, thanks for reading.