Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sour Grapes

After watching the chimney sweeps come and clean the flue, I came away from it kicking myself a bit thinking that I could have done it, after all. You pay these guys to come out and do about 30 minutes of work, when in fact, it's doable, I just need to man-up to the task. It's a lot like rock-climbing, you just have to get over your initial fear of falling to your death.

Easier said than done, however.

Either way, the guys were cool, and now the job is done. I learned that I can do it myself if I go from the bottom, but somehow it just works better going from above. Maybe I'll just have the pros do it once a year, that is of course until I work up the courage to do it myself, and then do little bits throughout the Winter from below.

How's that for a plan?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Thiago Rezende for the pic.

No comments: