Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Prioritizing

Amidst all of the euphoria over not having to make dumplings, I feel like I've failed to prioritize what needs to be done in a short amount of time before we go on vacation. It sure felt good to split and stack wood again, and cutting the grass and painting the dormers needs to be done, but what I really need to do is focus on the FEBP and pitch the front step and get some sort of water-proofing down, at least to protect it before it gets rained on. Even a tarp would do in the short term.

For the record, we really need some rain, but I've learned to be careful what you wish for.

My plan is to flash it and then I'd like to cover it with I&W shield to prevent rotting, even though that stuff is a bear to work with. My brother-in-law PR has alluded that this is overkill, but better to regret what you have done than what you haven't, right?

Once I shim and get that plywood over it, I can waterproof and then put on the final step. After that, I'll finish doing the trim work, then clapboards and paint, and voila. Completion of the first, and biggest, step of the FEBP.

I'll temper any celebratory moods because often when I am on the cusp of finishing something, I tend to let it languish for prolonged periods. Not a good thing.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: