Just when I thought it was safe to use the wheelbarrow, new issues began cropping up. I had noticed that it was giving a rough ride, sort of bumpy, but figured it was just how a wheelbarrow moves. Upon closer inspection, however, I noticed that the one of the bearings had broke and the wheel was unbalanced. This caused the wheelbarrow to give a really bumpy ride.
Knowing this, I felt like I shouldn't haul such heavy loads, and decided to fix the thing. Of course, it wasn't as simple as it seemed. I had an old wheel that was the original equipment in the basement. The tire had blown last year, and being in a hurry and too lazy to replace the tire, I simply bought an entirely new wheel, tire and all. It was the quick fix, but in retrospect, I'm not sure if they sold just the tire.
The wheel ran fine, but at some point I noticed it ran rough, and now I realize what the problem was. I had this brilliant idea to simply exchange the tires and put the good tire from the bad wheel onto the good wheel with the bad tire. However, it turns out that they are are different. The good tire is a tubeless one, and in order to exchange it, I was going to have to figure out how to remove and re-insert the valve.
After failing miserably at that, I called around and learned that not too many places carry replacement wheelbarrow tires. Sure, they can order them, but it takes days, and who's got that sort of time. I finally found on in Norwich, and it was a chore getting out there, but at least I got the new tire.
The wheelbarrow is up and running and working just fine... for now. Wheel see how it handles 7 cords of wood.
Until then, thanks for reading.