Thursday, September 16, 2010

Creating Pitch on the FEBP

In all of our excitement over getting that door moved, I've forgotten that our project has a name: the FEBP, for front end beautification project. How could I not remember that?

The goal here is to create the proper pitch so as to discourage water from collecting on the step and thereby flooding into the basement. Since we've eliminated most of the surface area, we've made a huge step in the right direction, but there is always more work to be done.

I need to lay a piece of plywood over the cement board, shim it, and then lay plywood over the shims. Over that plywood I'll I&W shield, then decking over that.

It's sounds fairly simple and seems like something I could do in a day, but as always, there are other things to be dealt with in life that stand in the way, like living our lives! Either way, I need to get it done before the rain/snow comes, so I'm thinking I should put it high on the priority list.

That way, once I get the plywood down, I can ignore it for another year and earn the wrath of R, as well as the disapproval of my Mentor and my in-laws, not to mention JH. How's that for a clean sweep?

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: