Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Slow as Molasses

(I know, the picture is of honey, but I couldn't find one of molasses)

Now that we finalized the big push to get the door framed and in, the project has slowed to a standstill, mainly because I am trying to figure out my next move, and also because I have no time. Then again, sometimes you just have to take it one step at a time.

The step is ready to be addressed, and the next stage will be to put on plywood, shim it, cover the shims with plywood, flash, then put on decking. Piece of cake, right?

It should only take me about a year to pull this off. In the meantime, I need to decide what sort of decking board I'm going to use. My first thought was use 2 inch maple cut from our land, but I'm thinking that may be too thick, so I'm going to use 1 inch hardwood. There, how's that for decision-making.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Ehsan Namavar for the pic.

No comments: