Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Still Alive

I’m not sure if I managed to kill the blueberries, but it seems like they’re still alive, several week after the fact. I’m assuming that if I did manage to ruin them, they won’t let me know for a bit, so we’re not out of the woods just yet. However, they look okay, though one of our Patriots is looking a little skimpy.

One thing we’re doing differently this time around is watering them regularly. In the past, I figured they were shrubs and would take care of themselves. Then I learned that they need ample water, especially in hot weather. We’d never watered them in the past, and I think they suffered accordingly. There might very well have been other factors at play, but I think this time around we did things correctly, and hopefully we’re on the road to recovery.

If so, one day soon we may have blueberries of our own, which will then open up a world of new opportunities to do battle with the birds, critters, and bugs, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: