Monday, June 27, 2011

Ready for the Next Round

I can’t get too complacent, because we want dry and crispy wood for our stove. I have been slowing hauling the cut up wood blocks over to the splitting area, and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I would say I’m about 75% done, though you wouldn’t know it by looking at the pile. It still looks huge, though nothing like it was a month ago.

I’ve even started splitting. Like I said, the goal is to move 10 loads each day and split for an hour. I never manage to get even this done, but as long as I’m chipping away at the stone. I want to take advantage of the Summer heat to dry the pieces, so I’d like to get started on the stacking. Besides, stacking is the easiest and most enjoyable part, and something the kids can help me with. Also, I can do it in the early morning because it doesn’t make too much noise, and even under the searing hot sun because it’s not too strenuous.

My hope is to get the pile complete before the August, but like all things, that might be getting too ambitious. Then again, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: