Monday, June 13, 2011

Squeezing It In

With all that we have to do, coupled with the lousy weather, it isn’t easy finding the time to work on the barn, but I felt like I had to do something. Just the other day, the kids had a friend over and were playing upstairs in the house, so I managed to run out and get some work done. Sure, it was only about 45 minutes of work, because we had to be somewhere, and I had to make lunch before we left, but at least it was something. It’s looking like that’s about as good as it’s going to get.

I cut more of the blocking and ripped it on the table saw, which for the record scares me almost as much as the chainsaw. I have all the pieces cut for one side of the barn, so hopefully nailing them in won’t take months. I’d like to get simple things like this done on my own time, rather than when HH is here and on the time clock. I.e., I’d rather do it myself than pay her to help me do it. Now if I just had more time...

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Gavin Wood for the pic.

No comments: