Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blocking

This past weekend was going to be a busy one with the Balloon Fest and dumpling making, so I figured that with whatever free time I had, I was going to have to squeeze in some barn time, and I managed to get about an hour in trying to finish the blocking. We finished the front side and needed to address the backside, the story of my life. I had most of the wood, and decided to use whatever scraps of 2X6 or 2X8 wood I had, and there was a fair amount. We use 2X6 for framing all over the place.

I ended up a few blocks short, however, and will need to go and pick up some more wood. This, of course, is a bummer and a pain when you’re driving small import cars, but I think I can manage. I only need about 10 feet, and if I can somehow manage to get the board cut in half, I’m in business. The guys at the lumber mill must look at me and laugh. I can’t say I blame them.

I’m hoping that this week I’ll have time to nail those blocks in, but something always seems to stand in my way. I’ll be optimistic. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: