Monday, June 13, 2011

Getting Nothing Done on the Barn

I had this grand vision that on the days that HH was not here, I’d get everything that needed to be done finished, but as it turns out, I’ve gotten nothing done. What a bummer.

It’s not much, either, just intalling the blocking and putting up the strapping for the soffit. Granted, I still have 3 days until she comes back, but if past history is a guide, I’ll still get nothing done. Part of the problem, and I’m not making excuses here (yeah, right), is that we’re so busy. There’s the market to prepare for and execute, and then the myriad of activities for the kids throughout each day, it’s enough to bring a grown man to his knees. Plus, the weather has been very strange, alternating between extreme heat and hurricane like rain. Then, of course, there are the millions of other projects that are ongoing, including the firewood, which sitll beckons me.

Just the other day, R and I were commenting on how much is going on in our lives, and on the one hand, it’s a little crazy, if not masochistic, but on the other, sometimes things don’t happen in your life unless you bury yourself in it and see how things turn out on the other side. Sure, there’s a little pain and suffering in the process, but the alternative is to simply maintain the status quo and never even try, and then at some point later in life regret your inaction. Believe me, I know all about this, and there is nothing worse in life than asking yourself the age old question, “What if... ?” or saying with remorse, “I wished I would have... “

You get the point. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: