Monday, June 27, 2011

Finishing the Blocking

I can’t let the barn project slip too much because before I know it, HH will be back, BL will come calling, and if no progress is made, it will only confirm what a complete loser I am. Wanting to avoid this, I need to get some things done, but man is it hard to find the time. Throw in some lousy weather, and I’m more than happy to sit back and work on my tan.

This past weekend, there was a break in the weather, though using rain as an excuse if for sissies, and a lot of the work can be done under the shelter of the barn. Either way, I was determined to get some stuff done, so I cut the blocks and nailed them in. I am about 95% done with it, except that I ran out of wood. The question then becomes, should I go to the time and trouble to get rough cut wood, which is cheaper but more of a hassle, or just go with dried pine which would be easier though more expensive? I only need about 10 feet, so the difference in the end would not be huge.

My big problem here is one of transportation. I can’t haul a 10ft board in the car, and would need them to cut the board, at least in half. They don’t do this at the mill, though maybe if I begged them, they would. However, they would gladly cut it at the lumber yard. I’ll have to think about this one.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: