Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One Room Down

Can it really be so? I finished painting the trim in one room, which means that I’m about 3% complete. How cool is that? It’s good to be moving along, because we have a long road ahead of us. Plus, it’s good to know that it’s doable, that some progress, albeit small, is being made. My biggest problem is just taking the first step and getting started. My second biggest problem is finishing, but I’m working on that.

My plan is to simply move along the wall and paint the trim. From the guest room, which has gradually become A’s bedroom, I’ll move to the bathroom, and then to the school room, which is slated to be N’s new bedroom. Then it’s on to the kid’s room, which we think will turn into the new school room/sewing/guest room, and from there, to the master bedroom. We need new carpet in several of these rooms, as well, and in the master, the not-so-lovely pink wall paper will one day soon come down.

This may take years to accomplish, but at the thousand mile journey begins with the first step, right? Plus, since I’m using no VOX paint, I can do it year-round, so no worries or hurries.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: