Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another Shelf?

I’m guessing that’s what was going through R’s mind when I broke out yet another shelf, my specialty. And as a copout, I didn’t use the router, I screwed them in the crude and easy way, mainly because I think I need to learn to use the router and practice using it in a clean and orderly fashion. In the interest of time, I went for the easy method, which in most instances is fine, just not as pretty. Then again, who needs pretty when you’re training to be a real man?

The purpose of the shelf is to house the photo albums that we’ve been assembling. The old shelf was not big enough to stack the books two-deep, so I needed deeper shelves. I could have simply put the shelf together and left it at that, but I decided to stain and finish it, as well. It’s a nicer touch and a step towards becoming a cabinet maker, perhaps.

I’m going to use the old shelf to house our pottery creations, or should I say the kid’s pottery creations. They are all over the house, and rather than simply find places to hide them, I figure we can put them on a shelf for everyone to see. At least this will help to preserve them and give them a place to call home.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: