Thursday, April 28, 2011

Making Progress

I’ve noticed that when I start to cut up the log pile, it seems like no matter how many logs I cut, the pile does not get any smaller. If anything, it seems to grow. However, there is a critical juncture, maybe after about 15% of the pile has been cut, that it actually seems like there is progress being made. I think I’ve passed that juncture, and then some. In fact, I may even be about 25% done. Of course, that’s just cutting the wood into blocks. I still have to move it, split it, and stack it, but I’ve got all Summer for that, right?

The plan is still the same. Get this year’s wood all ready to go, and then take my time getting next year’s wood together. If possible, I’d like to get it all done ASAP, but there are so many projects in the pipes, I can’t afford to focus on one thing. Prioritization is the key.

I’ll tell you one thing, heating with wood doesn’t make life easy. I still have to contact our logger friend TB to get our next load.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: