Saturday, January 31, 2009

Seeing Friends in Quechee and Helping My Mentor

Had a chance to help out our good friend and my "real man" mentor Gary Lovell, who happens to run Balloons Over New England, the premier ballooning operation in area. Sorry, had to give him a little plug. He needed some books in his condo, and there are apparently some problems with the lock, so he asked me to try and I managed to get in using my own "creative" means. It gives me a glimmer of pride to be able to come through for Gary by being resourceful, even if it could land me in jail.

We also ran into a boatload of friends at the Quechee Ski Hill, and it's yet another thing we love about living in a small town, even if we don't live in it anymore. Seeing and connecting with friends wherever you go, it's nice with families because even if you don't want to see them, your kids are usually excited to see their friends.

So much going on but not much to really report on. Got my home improvement book and will begin the process of finishing that barn when Spring hits. We'll see how that goes.

Until then, my name is Fred Lee, and thanks for reading.

No comments: