Monday, January 12, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For

Ugh! More snow. I know, I'm merely getting what I asked for, but it's only January, and we've gotten loads of the white stuff. Of course, I went skiing yesterday and blew off my responsibilities at home, so now I've got loads (no pun intended) of shoveling to do, but that's just a part of life up here.

I will say this-the skiing was killer. Or should I say boarding? The day started out with poor visibility but great snow, and then as the morning progressed, the snow stopped, the clouds parted and the sun came out. Beautiful.

My day of boarding, BTW, came as a bit of a surprise, actually. I had intended on staying in and getting stuff done around the house, namely dealing with the snow, but then Ruth asked if I was going skiing and I was off and running. That was all the encouragement that I needed.

Except that now I've got to pay for my sins, but such is the life of a real-man in training. My name is Fred Lee, and until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: