Saturday, January 24, 2009

Free At Last... At Least For The Moment

If you can believe this, we finally got all of our water tests done and filed them with the state in order to complete our permit for the septic system for the defunct project of finishing the barn. It's amazing to think that this all started five or six months ago, and this is as far as we've gotten. Todd Hill said not to worry about the permit passing, he seemed to indicate that it was a no-brainer, but at this point, I wouldn't take anything for granted. It was a complete rigmarole just getting all the necessary tests to satisfy the state, but in all fairness, Terence Shearer has been very helpful and understanding, so I can't really complain. This is just how things get done.

In the meantime, it's getting cold, and we're getting some ice buildup on the roof, but I'm not sure if I'll need to go up on my trusty ladder and knock it off. I hope not. Kurt mentioned that if it isn't leaking, then it might be better to leave it, because you can do more damage by chopping away at the shingles, especially a guy like me.

Say no more.

Thinking of hitting the dump today, then doing the week's shopping. I'm guessing I'll see some friends at some point, I always do. Such is the life in a small (-ish) town. Until the next time, my name is Fred Lee, and thanks for reading.

No comments: