Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Septic Permit and More Snow!

Amazing-we got an official okay from the state to build our septic system. I can't believe it, after all that. Interestingly, Todd Hill said he had no worries from the get go, but boy did it take a lot of time and sweat. Thus for with this barn, nothing has come easy, but maybe that's the point. Either way, we received official notification by mail yesterday, and now we are all set. Now all we have to do is come up with the funds to pay for it. I'd better start writing that screenplay ASAP.

I've also ordered a book on how to build a house, and while this oversimplifies the process, it's at the very least, a start, and not a bad way to get my mind around the whole process. The problem I've found with talking to people is that everyone does it differently, but maybe that's something I've got to embrace rather than fret over.

We're supposed to get some mega-snowstorm today, and though I love the snow, I'm not looking forward to all that shoveling. At least our wood box is full... sort of. Enough to get us through the next couple of days.

At least the skiing should be good. I've got a dentist's appointment on Friday but am thinking I'll reschedule so we can get a day of skiing in with the kids, since they didn't do as much as they'd wanted this past weekend.

My name is Fred Lee, and until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: