Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our Currier and Ives Moment and More Barn Stories

We had an amazing day yesterday over in Hanover, I must confess. All of us went to Occom Pond and went ice skating, and it really was a fun and special time. The place was hopping, with tons of people skating and playing hockey, but the pond is so big that it's not an issue. Audrey and Nicholas got to show off to Ruth their skating prowess, and it was nice to hang out with the family. The scene was so "New England" and Ruth and I commented, once again, how lucky we feel to live in such a wonderful place.

They had a small bonfire going and provided free marshmallows and hot cocoa for a buck. We really had fun, and it's skating on such a huge rink. Hope to do it again, soon.

Just had a thought on what Hillary said about the barn. Now I know she was just teasing, and her comment was valid, but she hinted at my ineptitude at building. I had given her a brief explanation about how the plans for the barn were all in place, and then they fell through. I told her maybe it was meant to be and that I was going to try to do it myself, it's just that now it was going to take a couple of years, to which she replied, try more like five.

Thanks a lot. Then again, I haven't earned her confidence, or her praise, so who am I to say? I will say this, small town life has come up once again. It turns out that when I asked her advice about finishing the barn, whereby she/he completely blew me off (no hard feelings), it turns out she actually worked on the things, installing the windows. Thus, the Goldblatts know Scott and Marty. Small towns, you gotta love them. This may explain why they're blowing us off.

Either way, that's the way it stands. Trying to cut back on blogging, it's taking too much time.

Haven't done any karate practice this week like I'd said I would, and now it's Monday. Why is this so hard for me? Until the next time, my name is Fred Lee, and thanks for reading.

No comments: