Friday, January 16, 2009

Burning Wood as if it Grew on Trees

It's so cold, it's amazing, really. We're hovering around -20 and it makes it hard to get outside and get anything done. We've been burning wood at pretty good clip, though I will say this-our stove is amazing. We've yet to turn on our boiler and use the baseboard heating, we've relied solely on wood, and it's been just right. In fact, when it really gets going, it's almost too hot, and I walk around in shorts and t-shirt. Not today, of course.

But, we are burning through out wood pile, no pun intended. I've been trying to keep tabs on it and I've been filling the thing about every three days, and as it stands right now, we've gone through a little over a quarter of the pile. February should be brutally cold, and things should mellow in March, so I think we're okay, and we always have our propane in an emergency.

Still learning the ropes on firewood, however. This could take years. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to warmer weather when I can put more thought into the barn. Then again, I can put plenty of thought into without actually doing something.

Until the next time, my name is Fred Lee, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And reading this blog now too ^^

Karen