Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting Cold for a Karate Man

It's been getting cold out here, as you might have guessed, but apparently we're slated to get some ugly cold weather, on the order of -20 degree wind chills. At that point, you're getting into the danger zone. I figure that I'll fill the wood box today and be prepared, the key to being a real man.

As I've mentioned in the past, I love winter up here. The skiing, skating, and just being outdoors is inspiring, but dealing the practical logistics of every day life can be a chore. I spent the entire morning yesterday shoveling, and I heard that we're going to get more tomorrow, so I have to confess, I'm pretty tired. Couple that with the fact that for the past several days, I've been the one who has had to shovel the ice skating rink, and that adds up to a whole lot of shoveling. In all fairness, the moms do a lot, as well, but being the real man in training that I am, I can't sit back and watch them do it. Part of being a real man is being a gentleman, as well.

Chivalry is not dead in Hartland.

Got to see our friend, Leslie, at the rink. The funny thing is, we saw her husband at our Currier and Ives weekend in Hanover. Small town life, you gotta love it.

Last night in karate our sensei mentioned that we'll be testing for our next belts. I'll be going for my blue belt, but more on that later.

I'm having problems with Blogger, so I'll end it there. My name is Fred Lee, and until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: