Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Discipline, 007

Discipline and focus, the mantras of karate, and yet, I find time slipping through my hands.

I make a vow every Monday night before, during and after karate to practice more and keep the lessons I've learned in mind each and every day, and as the week progresses, find myself failing miserably. When it comes down to it, whenever I have some free time my first impulse is to lie down and take a nap, not that I ever have any free time.

Either way, I managed to practice my katas yesterday, and it really doesn't take much. A couple weeks ago, my practicing sparring really paid off when I sparred with Peter as I tried out some new moves that really hit the mark, both figuratively and literally. With the new belt tests coming up, I really should be doing more, and I will. It doesn't take much, maybe twenty minutes a day, and the benefits are huge.

It's getting cold out here, there's some major cold front from Canada coming in, called the Alberta wind or something like that. Wind chills are supposed to drop to -20, if you can believe that one. Good thing our wood box is full.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go break boards with my head. Until the next time, my name if Fred Lee, and thanks for reading.

No comments: