Friday, October 31, 2008

Yardwork

I've been prepping the yard for Winter and getting nowhere, fast. The leaves are holding on for dear life, they won't drop on the oak trees in the back, so I know if I clear everything, in a month's time, there'll be more, but you can't plan for every contingency, you gotta do your best. So, I'll probably finish this weekend and do the garden. I put an order to John Madden for compost so I'll need to get ahold of a trailer. Enter Kurt Boland, the go to guy when you need something done. The guy's got everything.

I'm not too good with trailers, however, so this could be interesting. Maybe ugly is the operative word, here. I have this unrealistic goal of prepping the garden before we go on vacation, but that gives me only a couple of days, and I worry that when we get back the ground might be too hard, but we'll see. I'd love to just get it done. I wanted to mulch the leaves but the kids really wanted a leaf pile, so of course I complied. Now I need to run the mower over it a few times and pour it over the garden. Might have to wait on the leaves and just focus on the manure in the interest of time.

I know why hardcore Vermonters don't go anywhere, there's too much to do on the home front. Who's got time to travel?

Filled the wood box and finished painting the clapboards, for now, so at least I can get rid of the tarps and the house can look normal. Sort of.

Now we've Halloween, and then our trip. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: