Friday, October 31, 2008

The Tree

I've been involved in lengthy discussions about this darn tree, and it actually hasn't been all pain and suffering. In fact, Marty threw us a curveball and was all nice and congenial when I expected her to tear me a new asshole. That sure complicated things. Marty reminds me of my parents, they know how to get what they want and benefit from either talking in person or getting the fact-to-face. That gives them the advantage and they know how to work the situation, and no matter how hard I try to keep some distance, they bring you into the fold.

I try to keep the correspondence via email, because I know if we see eachother, Marty will work me over like she always does, and before I know it, I'll be signing the deed of the house back over to her. That's just how it goes.

Talking with Scott has been much smoother, and I think we may have found some common ground. A key for me has been just talking honestly and sincerely about how we feel, and I hope he understands this. I think he does.

Anyway, at some point Marty will show up and again, I'm dreading it. Under other circumstances, I really like Marty, it's just that when we both want something and they don't necessarily mesh, things get sticky. I wonder what Lori would think of all this.

Either way, we'll see how this goes. I want to do what's best for everyone, but I still feel like we should decide. It's just gotta be that way.

No comments: