Friday, October 3, 2008

Nothing's Ever Finished

Not only do I have to move seven cords of wood, but now TH is telling me that I may not have to move it all, after all. He repeated what PD said about distances from the actual septic field, and I have fifteen feet to work with. Of course, how am I supposed to know where that distance is? I'll have to read his message a little more closely, but I'll still have to move some of the wood because there is no way it's going to clear the space. I kind of like where it is right now, anyway.

I went to Home Depot last night to return a mirror and found out that they have cedar clapboards for about half the price of what I've been paying. Now I don't want to support the big conglomerate, but that's a pretty substantial savings, and they're primed, which would save me time and money. I love the fresh cedar clapboards, they smell so good, but I might very well sell out and get more clapboards there, I still need to finish the front of the house, my next home improvement project. I like the idea of redoing the facade, but am wondering if I'm biting off more than I can chew. Marty was very methodical and purposeful in how she did things, and I'm wondering if there was a purpose to her design. Oh well, only one way to find out.

Fall is here, the weather is cool, the foliage is beautiful, and at some point we are going to have to clear the garden and start raking leaves. I'm not looking forward to that, but if it's cool and clear, it's always a great family event, and the kids love to dive into raking the leaves, both literally and figuratively.

But let's not rush things along. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: