Thursday, October 23, 2008

Frigid

Boy, I don't know if this is usual, but it's pretty darn cold out there. Hovering in the twenties, and it's only October. They say it's going to be a cold, snowy winter, so we'll see. I'm glad we have the wood! Yesterday the cold really swept in from the north, and what started out as a mild, rainy day became windy and frigid. Amazingly enough, our stove kept us warm, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's rooted in the fact that the wood is so dry, it's just heats a lot better. Whatever be the case, it was so hot in the kitchen that I had to open a window. Pretty darn amazing.

As I mentioned, Marty came by and we told her that we needed to move Evvie's tree, but then it just seemed to fall by the wayside. I don't know if she understands the importance of this, because I do believe the septic system will happen, and when it does, that tree will need to be moved, and she needs to be the one to do it. I hate to sound so callous, but she needs to deal with it. I'm thinking of talking to Scott, instead.

Speaking of Marty, she seems to be suffering from a lifetime bout of seller's remorse. It's clear she's bummed about selling this house, and in the end, I'm not clear why she did. It's complicated by the fact that her family surrounds us, and it makes it very weird. She needs to move on, and I think the rest of her family has... sort of. At times, I think the only reason she KIT is because she still has her sights set on getting it back, and again, this makes life hard.

To top if off, I see Scott all the time.

Hunting season is in full swing, bow season, I believe, but can't say for sure. We've told the kids not to go into the woods, period, and I think that's the best course of action. It scares me, actually, but this is life in the country. My karate teacher is a big time hunter, and he chats away with the other dads about bagging dear and shooting coyotes, which I can't understand but I just keep my mouth shut.

Which I'll do now. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: