Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weather Not Cooperating

We can't seem to get a good stretch of dry, sunny days, and it really compromises my desire to get stuff done around the house. There's so much to be done, and with Fall-into-Winter fast approaching, not to mention our vacation, I'm running out of time. I'm thinking the project to replace the shingles with clapboards is a wash, I'll not have time to pull it off before Winter, but at least I have a sense of what I want to do, and that helps. I'd still like to get the ice and water shield on before Winter, but to do that I'd have to take apart the facade and wouldn't be able to put it back on and paint it in time. Then again, I could always paint the clapboards separately. Hey, that's not a bad idea, prime them and then give them a second coat in the Spring. Will have to ponder that one.

I've managed to move two cords of wood but have five more to go. People are sympathetic to our situation, but I always look at the bright side, at least we have the wood. Better to have all that wood than not, and I like to stack, anyway. It is slow going, though, especially with just a wheel barrow, but what a workout.

I went to karate the other night for the first time in awhile and it was good. I sparred with the sensei, and I got the distinct impression that he was really trying to kick my ass. There was an intensity in his eyes that scared me a little, but it forced me to up my game a little. Maybe he was showing off for Grandmaster. Either way, I think my sparring is getting better, and my sensei complemented me on the quickness of my hands. Nice to hear.

Hunting season is right around the corner and I'm not sure what to make of it all, except of course to make sure the kids stay out of the woods. It's a bit scary, actually, and the next two months will make us all a little nervous, not to mention uneasy at the sight of all those dead deer.

I have to report back to TH, and then contact GS about homeschool stuff and then talk to PD about progress reports. Hope the weather breaks for tomorrow. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: