Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whose Idea Was This?

I can't believe it, but it keeps threatening to rain, and just when all my wood if vulnerable. I've managed to relocate all seven cords of our wood, but it's sitting there uncovered out back and the original forecast called for sunny skies for a week and half, and wouldn't you know it, the clouds roll in. You just can't predict the weather, as they say. Whatever be the case, I'm hoping to get the pile covered before the deluge really hits. I've been pretty lucky thus far.

My mentor has been in need of me for the past few weeks, and it's beginning to kill me. I want to help Balloon Gary as much as possible, but it takes so much time, and time is the one thing I don't have. As much as it breaks my heart, I have to tell him no, I can't chase. I've been working a the hospital, moving wood, homeschooling, and being a domestic don while he wants me for three hours to chase, I just can't do it. The other day I went to work at 5:00, worked til 8:00, then chased for the guy after picking up the kids and hauling them along, though they have fun with it.

The barn seems to have stalled, and I believe it stems from Paul's needing to know our thoughts on some issues. Of course, we've blown him off dealing with our stuff, but we have to get on that. I like the idea of him working on it while we are away.

Todd Hill came through with flying colors, thanks Todd. We got our septic plan and now need to shop it around. Paul mentioned that the building of the barn would benefit from having the septic in, for plumbing's sake.

I still want to do the clapboards on the front, and I will try to at least get the shingles off and the ice and water shield up. There is a ton of painting on the outside that needs to be done, but again, I'm thinking it will be for next year. I still hear Jack Castle saying, show people how much you love your house, and stay on top of those windows.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: