Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stalled

I've been holed up a bit with family responsibilities and health needs, to the wood pile has been stalled, but I'm getting closer. Probably about 70% done, but I hurt my back and it's slowing things down.

The weather has been glorious, and I'm thinking I can still do the clapboards on the front of the house. There's a small section of trim that is greatly exposed to the rain, and it has shingles, which I personally think are ugly but must have been strategic. Scott and Marty didn't mess around. The work wouldn't be too hard, and it's warm enough to do some painting during the day, so I should get on it. I'd like to see under that plywood, however, but my guess is that if it ain't broke, then don't mess with it. We shall see. I'd still like to put on the clapboards, but removing all those shingles will take some time. Look at me, Mr. Assertive, as if.

The foliage is in full force, and though we love it and it's beautiful, it also means all those city folks coming up and clogging the streets. There are so many people up here, it makes it hard to drive, though you deal with it because you have to.

I gotta run and be a dad. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: