Monday, October 27, 2008

Orange Is My Favorite Color

It feels like a war zone out here, I hear gunshots all the time. They sound as if they are literally in our backyard, and we've told our kids to stay the hell out of the woods. I'm not sure when hunting season ends, but I'm sure as hell going to find out. It's a little daunting to hear the shots so close.

Life in Vermont, what are you going to do. When I go to karate, all the guys talk about is hunting. I feel like the gay friend who has yet to come out of the closet and admit that I've never hunted. That would make them want to kick my ass even more. What's interesting is how integral it is in growing up out here. All the kids look forward to bagging a deer, and they start young. That's all this country needs, more guns in the hands of kids.

The elections are coming up and I have to confess that I've focused only the president, but there are significant local elections to consider. Even though I can't vote in NH, I want to see the incumbent Senator axed, but that's another story. And that's NH.

Okay, gotta run. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: