Sunday, August 15, 2010

Simple Solutions

We have hose issues, and something had to be done. This really came to light a few months back when I set fire to the woods (nearly burning down the entire forest) and our darn hose was too knotted up and short to put it out. I ended up filling buckets with water and pouring them over the coals. It sounds kind of funny in retrospect, but believe me when I tell you there was nothing funny about it.

It was really scary.

In order to help with the mess that become of our hose, I got a hose caddy . You know, the thing that winds up the hose so it can be used more efficiently. I even got one that kind of looks nice and can be used as a seat, as well as some extra hose, though I avoided the Martha Stewart brand. My Mentor would approve.

Of course, being too busy to deal with it, I got it and left it in yard to collect dust. Thankfully, N has inherited a penchant for engineering, and he took it upon himself to figure the thing out. To his credit, he looked at the instructions and put the thing together, though not without a few hitches. Can you see how nicely organized our hose looks now?

Also, with his unending curiosity and love of experimentation, he decided to explore all facets of the machine, sticking tubes in assorted holes and seeing what everything did. I still am not sure where he was going with this one.

Either way, I admire his lack of fear in trying things out and exploring. As long as he's not hurting himself and not breaking things (well, maybe breaking a few things), everything is all right.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: