Sunday, August 15, 2010

New POV on Garden

I'm still not enamored with gardening, but after voicing my frustration and disdain, I can objectively see the merits of growing your own food. I guess a better way of saying it is when R and the kids grow food. I just do the heavy lifting.

I'm saying this because not only are we thrilled in the aftermath of catching that darn woodchuck (granted, there are many more where he came from), but the garden is producing some nice stuff. We didn't get too many green or soy beans because the varmint ate them all, but the tomatoes are starting to turn red, and soon there will be corn and cucumbers, and eventually squash.

I don't know if I'll ever really love gardening, but like everything in life, you can't love every moment in the quest for satisfaction and fulfillment. This fact is pounded into my head every day.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to RIC for the pic.

No comments: