Sunday, August 8, 2010

Foxes by Daylight

They talk about keeping your cats in at night because of all the dangers, but I saw a fox chase our cat up a tree in broad daylight. I ran outside and threw sticks and logs at it, like that made any difference.

The thing was tiny, no bigger than the cats, and I wonder if they could have held their own against it. They were smart enough not to try, and once up the tree, our cat was safe. It does make you realize that it's a rough world out there, and as cruel and sadistic as our cats can be to mice and voles, they have their own problems to worry about.

In retrospect, I realize that there are signs all over that the fox has been around and is lurking, as evident by his poop. It's all over the place. I thought of using the friendly trap to try to get him. Place a piece of chicken in there and wait and see, but what do you do if you catch a skunk?

I'll have to ask DH, he's a pro at this. It's his trap, as well.

Ah, life in the country, never a dull moment. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to jason gray for the pic.

No comments: