Sunday, August 9, 2009

With a Little (Lotta) Help From Our Kids

Amazing! That's all I can say about out kids. They wanted to help me remove the tiles from the front porch, and at first I thought it would be quicker and easier if I was alone, but they helped and in the end, I don't think I would finished it yesterday without their help. They were simply amazing.

Not only did they work hard, but they did a great job, and they thought it was fun! I guess when you're a kid, banging things with tools can be fun, but I don't think they realize how cool what they accomplished was. What's also cool is that they tried in earnest to spare the tiles and get them off in one piece, which they succeeded in doing for many of them. For a lot of them, however, it was darn near impossible, and that's what made the job okay. We knew we could break them if we had to.

Either way, these are the moments that warm my heart, when the kids show initiative and work hard at reaching a goal. How cool is that?



Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: