Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lawncare

I've been doing some preliminary research on grass, and I've learned that there is definitely an art to the stuff. We take it so much for granted, but a lot of thought and effort goes into making a beautiful lawn. Too much, if you ask me, but my neglect has forced me into having to take action. I'm not thrilled about this, but things have gotten too out of hand. My bad, I acknowledge this fact.

There are sections of the grass that are literally without any grass and are instead filled with what I've learned are broad leafed weeds. The problem is that some of them can be deep rooted and they seem to grow low to the ground, making removal a chore. I've got my work cut out for me. First off, I need to get my darn lawnmower fixed and back, which may take a week. Did I mention I flaked out on rebuilding the carb and took it into Joe's? It was for the best, believe me.

Anyway, I may have to do some tilling to remove the weeds, then seed with grass and hope for the best. Actually, I may need to do some lyme or whatever it takes to optimize the pH, but again, I'm still learning. This could be good.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: