Sunday, August 2, 2009

Losing Things and Small Projects

In the midst of all that's going on in our lives, I've managed to lose my new gloves. Bummer. I can't find a decent pair of gloves for under $10, and maybe I'm deluding myself. When you work with firewood, gloves really take a beating, and all of mine seem to have holes in assorted fingers. They still work fine, it's just that they have that hole, and whatever caused it hasn't magically disappeared so when I use them, the said source of the hole now has access to my skin. I'd like to find a cheap pair of gloves that has reinforced fingers. Still searching.

I've got a small house project that I wanted to work on yesterday but had to prioritize because the weather is not working our favor, i.e., more rain! I had to maximize our outdoor time so indoor projects had to wait, but today is calling for more rain and I'll have some time. Mind you, I'd prefer more sun and do the hard stuff, but such is life.

Anyway, we are pressed for space in our kitchen. We have pots and pans strewn about the floor and counters because we have a New York City kitchen. Somehow in the master plan for this house, they didn't really leave much space for the kitchen. Not only is it small, but it's an awkward design, with not much in the way for counter space and a little short on cabinet space. So, I'm going to make some shelves and put them next to the compacter, which I think we'll get rid of soon enough. This will not only give us some shelves, but will increase our counter space by at least 12%. How's that for a quick estimate?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: