Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chainsaw Storage and My Second Tree

I cut my second tree down, and it was small but gave me a little bit of challenge because I was sloppy and not careful. I figured it was only about six feet tall, so no big deal. As I started to cut, however, the tree pinched my saw and it stuck. Fortunately the tree was so small that I just pushed it back and the saw came free, but even still, I think it's good practice to employ proper technique at all times. Lesson learned.

Having done that, I poured off the gas, then ran the saw dry. It's now ready for storage. I had originally thought that I'd have all fall to cut more wood, but the problem I keep running into is that gas. It can't sit for too long, and by the time we get back, it will be too old. What a waste, but better to get fresh gas than compromise the equipment.

I'll keep the saw in the basement until I need it again. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: