Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Next Stage of the Deck and Floor Plans

We got a rough floor plan done, much to the amazement of my Mentor, I'm sure, and after talking it over with him, I got a sense that he even approved of some of our ideas. Gotta love that. We will fine tune the plan and then go over it more in detail with him when the time comes. For now, we'll keep pondering.

I can't tell you what a relief it is that the deck has no asbestos, but I'll still inquire to the guy who installed it. Then again, it dawned on me that he might have simply laid the tiles down and SG and MG did all the foundation work. Very possible.

Either way, we are leaning towards using concrete to replace the tiles. You can do some interesting stuff with staining and finishing concrete. It looks beautiful, though the stuff is a little nasty, from what I understand. Might want to avoid that, though my Mentor would not approve of such worrying.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: