Friday, August 7, 2009

Learning About Lawns and Cleaning Windows

One of jobs on the barn project is to clean the windows and see if they'll suffice on the finished product. The dilemma we have run into from the beginning is what to do with those darn windows. Sure, they aren't the most beautiful things, and maybe don't let in an optimal amount of light, but they're there, and at this point, will cost us nothing. It seems like window enthusiasts feel that to do the job right, you have spend thousands of dollars on new windows, and to do it before you begin finishing the walls. I understand this, but is it really worth the thousands?

Anyway, my mentor told me to clean the things up and see how they look, and if it's acceptable, to simply stick with them. I like that idea, but now I've got to clean the things. BTW, I've started this process, so I'm on my way.

I'm at work and am planning to head over to Longacres to get some advice about our lawn. This will be a three staged approach. First, identify the problem. Second, learn what needs to be done. Third, do what needs to be done. I think I just might be able to pull of the first one, and the second one may take a bit more legwork, but getting the third one done could take a lifetime. Then again, thousand mile journey begins with the first step, right?

Thanks for reading.

No comments: