Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Moving Ahead

We are moving ahead with this barn, and G couldn't be happier. He is asking me about choices for siding and he brought over a couple of guys to estimate the cost of felling some trees. Not too keen on cutting down trees, but these seem like they need to come down for the best of the project. I had originally planned on asking my sensei, but G jumped on it and brought these guys over. They seem like they know their stuff, and I trust G, but I'll ask my friend. They mentioned that the pine would be worthless, and I hate the idea of it going to waste, but what do I know?

The maple, on the other hand, could be used for firewood, so that's good enough for me. As for the siding, I'm not even sure where to begin. We are leaning to taking all the boards off, planing them and using them for the floor. Then we would put up plywood, cover it with Tyvek, and then figure out what to put over that. That's where things get a little sketchy, mainly because of my cluelessness. Such is the life of a flatlander. Time to do some research.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: