Friday, July 31, 2009

My Short Term Plan

I have four goals in the next week, though getting too ambitious seems to have the opposite effect of making me do nothing. Anyway, here goes. I want to:

fix the lawnmower carburetor
sand and paint the trim on the roof
remove the tiles on the deck
change the oil in the car

That's not asking too much, is it? Each task involves a lot more than described, but isn't that the case with everything? I got a chisel and will begin to chip away at the grout and see how it goes. Part of me would like to just take a sledge to that deck, but another part of me wants to see if I can pull this off (no pun intended) without completely destroying them. I realize it's naive of me to say this considering that I have no experience, but I think I can do it. It seems straightforward enough, but even the experts say I'm a fool to think this. What else is new?

I put in a new air filter in the car, which is an amazingly easy thing to do, but if you go the shop, they'll charge you for labor, which is a total scam. Be aware! I'm also going to try to change the oil, another thing that gives me anxiety, but I'm committed. This should be interesting.

I'll start with the easy stuff-destroying the deck. At least I can't get that wrong, can I? Also have to do some research in removing a carburetor. I'm going to try to remove it and then soak the thing in carb cleaner. Dismantling it is beyond me and then I'll have to take it in, but I think I can simply remove and soak.

Wish me luck. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: